This is the first in a planned series of 'therapeutic applications' short online courses, and is the culmination of Nirlipta's personal experience in the field of sleep: as a yoga nidra teacher, as a hypnotherapist, and as an ex-insomniac who cured his own condition using a synthesis of these techniques.
The aim of this course is to provide those suffering from insomnia with an understanding of how sleep works and of how to sleep well, as well as the basics they need to apply the practice of yoga nidra therapeutically to their condition. It is open to anyone with an interest in applying yoga nidra therapeutically to insomnia who has access to the internet, and assumes no prior knowledge of yoga or experience in yoga nidra practice.
The course is built into its own part of the Yoga Nidra Network website, and on purchase you gain ongoing access to this. There, you can interact with the course materials online, or you can download them to study offline if that's your preference. As your access never expires you will also benefit from all future course revisions and improvements.
The course is divided into six sections, each exploring an aspect of sleep and the therapeutic applications of yoga nidra in relation to that aspect. The sections are:
- Introducing Yoga Nidra
- Patterns of Sleep & Wakefulness
- The Mechanics of Sleep
- Sleep Hygiene
- Using Being Awake
- Lucid Dreaming
Each section contains:
- Written content exploring that aspect of the course
- One or more audio recordings of a yoga nidra practice(s) pertinent to that aspect
- Investigations for you to do into your own sleep habits, along with enquiries for you to reflect upon
- Links to relevant online articles and suggestions for further reading, should you wish to deepen your knowledge of that aspect of the course
Later in the year we will be adding to that:
- An audio recording of the written content of each section of the course, so you can either listen to or read the course (or both!), according to taste
- A video lesson teaching a set of gentle exercises to do during periods of wakefulness, in preparation for the practice of yoga nidra
Each section should take about one hour to work through (more accurate timings are provided at the top of each section, so that you can plan your study time effectively), meaning the course as a whole should take around six hours for you to complete. In addition, two of the sections have a choice of practice, so taken as a whole the course material is around eight hours in length. Everything you need is accessible directly from this website as you work through it.
To purchase the course, just click on the 'add to basket', go to the checkout, enter your details, and place your order. This purchase process will either add access to your Yoga Nidra Network account if you have one, or create one for you if you don't. 'Student Support' will then send you an automated email confirming your purchase. You can now access the course via the link in that email, or by logging into your Yoga Nidra Network account and then clicking on the 'Sleep Well' tab which you can find along the top of your screen.
If you have any questions or encounter any problems, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For answers to this course's FAQs, please see here.
Study hours: 8