This is an online, expanded version of the Total Yoga Nidra Immersion Experience: comparative and creative forms of Yoga Nidra that has been delivered face to face, by Uma Dinsmore-Tuli and Nirlipta Tuli at locations across the world since 2013. Our intention with it is to offer an accessible and profound experience of yoga nidra, providing a perfect opportunity for those who have encountered the practice in other partial or limited forms to experience the full spectrum of approaches and applications. It also a prerequisite for our Total Yoga Nidra Teacher & Facilitator Training. It is open to anyone with an interest in learning about and experiencing yoga nidra, and assumes no prior knowledge or experience.
The course is built into its own part of the Yoga Nidra Network website, and on purchase you gain ongoing access to this. Here, you can interact with the course materials online, or you can download them to study offline if you prefer. You can begin your studies at any time, work through the material at your own pace, and revisit the course as often as you like. And as your access never expires you will also benefit from all future course development.
What’s in the course? A combination of theory and practice to give you a sound foundation (or to deepen your existing foundation) of understanding about what yoga nidra is in the broadest sense, and how it works. The material is divided into fourteen, roughly one-hour sections, each covering a specific aspect of the practice. These sections are:
- Welcome to Yoga Nidra
- The History and Development of Yoga Nidra
- Intentions, and how they Shape the Practice
- Comparative Structures
- Comparative Rotations of Consciousness
- The Science of Yoga Nidra
- The Philosophy of Yoga Nidra
- Liminality & Creativity
- Memory, Sleep & Dreams
- Trance: Hypnosis & Yoga Nidra
- Yoga Nidra as a Meditative Practice
- Yoga Nidra & Bhakti Yoga
- Growing Your Own Practice
Each of these sections contains:
- A written lecture summary
- A video lecture by delivered Uma & Nirlipta together, where the written material is explored in more depth
- An audio recording of a yoga nidra practice, illustrating or exploring that material
- Enquiries for you to reflect upon
- Links to relevant online articles and websites
- Suggestions for further reading, should you wish to deepen your knowledge of that aspect of the course
We're delighted to share with you what previous students have said said about this course. And if you'd like to experience it for yourself, you are very welcome to try the first one-hour session for £10. Should you wish to, at the end of the session you will be able to purchase the full course with a £10 reduction, effectively refunding you the £10 you spent buying the first session separately.
To purchase the course, just click on the 'add to basket', go to the checkout, enter your details, and place your order. This purchase process will either add access to your Yoga Nidra Network account if you have one, or create one for you if you don't. You will then be sent and an automated email confirming your purchase (if this doesn't arrive, please check your spam folder). You can now access the course via the link in that email, or by logging into your Yoga Nidra Network account and then clicking on the 'TYN IE Online Course' tab which you will find along the top of your screen.