Julie Murphy @yogaressa is known internationally as a leading Yoga Nidra meditation guide and educator.
During her career as a business executive in Africa, Europe and the US, Julie enjoyed yoga and meditation as a means of stress release and self-inquiry.
She remembers with a smile the first time she enjoyed that “what was that?” experience of Yoga Nidra. It started off as what looked like a pyjama party on her first yoga teacher training — everyone lying down on the floor, cuddled up under blankets, at the end of a long day of learning. … eyes closed and listening to the meditation … and then emerging from it, feeling like she had been transported to another world, while remaining quietly awake and aware throughout the blissful journey.
Julie is a Yoga Alliance E-RYT 500 yoga teacher with several teaching certifications. Her Yoga Nidra training includes Divine SleepⓇ Yoga Nidra with Jennifer Reis of Kripalu USA, as well as a 200-hour Yoga Nidra Meditation certification she completed while she was in India.
Julie originally hails from South Africa and she is now based in Florida, USA, where she has been teaching a blend of yoga, meditation, and Yoga Nidra meditation, since 2006. She draws on the classic Satyananda teachings as well as modifications she’s learnt from all of her studies and from her personal experience of Yoga Nidra.
She is humbled and inspired by the impact of Yoga Nidra and is thrilled to share it with others, and she looks forward to connecting with the Yoga Nidra Network community, in the shared joy of Yoga Nidra.
- 200 Hours Yoga Teacher Training (Yoga Alliance) — Living Yoga Program, Austin, TX, USA, 2007
- Anusara Yoga Teaching Immersion, Garden of the Heart Yoga, Sarasota, FL 2008
- 300 Hours Yoga Teacher (Yoga Alliance) — Kailash Tribal School of Yoga, McLeod Ganj, India, 2014
- Divine Sleep Yoga Nidra training with Jennifer Reis, McLean, VA, USA
- 200 Hours Yoga Nidra training (Yoga Alliance) with Swami Yogaratna from Swami Satyananda’s teachings, Shankar Prasad Ashram, India