Hello, my name is Kimberley Luu and I am a Yoga Nidra Therapy provider, passionate about sharing the art of yogic sleep. My affection for yoga nidra birthed from thousands of dreadful nights wrestling with sleep disorders; for a long time, it was the only thing that could grant me a moments peace. Since finding sweet solace on my yoga mat in 2008, I’ve been blessed to train with many wonderful yoga therapists and trailblazers of yoga nidra both locally and internationally. Grateful for the abundance of healing I’ve received throughout this journey, it is now my heartfelt duty to share these gifts. I love facilitating experiences of deep restoration in my cozy home studio, The Nidra Nest, and beyond. Strongly rooted in dedicated practice, I integrate my backgrounds in applied health science and expressive arts to offer out this beautiful tradition with intelligence, creativity, and care.
Education + Training:
- Bachelor of Science in Honors Kinesiology, University of Waterloo
- Master of Science in Health Studies and Gerontology, University of Waterloo
- Certified Yoga Therapy Teacher [300 HR], Yoga Therapy Toronto
- Certified Restorative Yin Teacher [20 HR], Yoga Therapy Toronto
- Yoga Nidra Foundations [15 HR], Total Yoga Nidra
- Night Night Nidra for Sleeping Well [15 HR], Total Yoga Nidra
- The Science of Yoga Nidra [10 HR], iRest Institute
- Living Yoga [60 HR], Pranalife Yoga
Lowe, C. J., Hall, P. A., Vincent, C. M., & Luu, K. (2014). The effects of acute aerobic activity on cognition and cross-domain transfer to eating behavior, Frontiers in Human Neuroscience, 8(267), 1-7.