Hi, my name is Kimberley Luu and I am a grassroots artist and therapeutic yoga teacher specializing in yoga nidra, the art of yogic sleep. My passion for yoga nidra was birthed from many years of struggle with sleep disorders; for a long time, it was the only thing that could grant me a moments peace. Given the brevity of healing I've experienced since finding home sweet home on my yoga mat in 2008, it is now my duty to share it. I love facilitating experiences of deep rest, here in my cozy home studio, The Nidra Nest. Rooted in my training with various yoga therapists and pioneers of yoga nidra, I utilize my formal background in human movement and meditation neuroscience to create holistically rejuvenating practices for the body, breath, and mind; allowing for a deeper connection with our inner wisdom, joyful essence, and true Self. Feel welcomed to ask about yoga classes, use my nidra guides, and take a peek at my art @ kpyluu.wordpress.com!
- Bachelor of Science in Honors Kinesiology, University of Waterloo
- Master of Science in Health Studies and Gerontology, University of Waterloo
- Yoga Therapy Foundations, Yoga Therapy Toronto [300 HR]
- Restorative Yin Training, Yoga Therapy Toronto [20 HR]
- Yoga Nidra Foundations + Sleep Well, Total Yoga Nidra [20 HR]
- The Art and Science of Yoga Nidra, Integrative Restoration Institute [10 HR]
- Living Yoga, Pranalife Yoga [60 HR]
Lowe, C. J., Hall, P. A., Vincent, C. M., & Luu, K. (2014). The effects of acute aerobic activity on cognition and cross-domain transfer to eating behavior, Frontiers in Human Neuroscience, 8(267), 1-7.